Folks, I'm 23 years old now....
And I think I won't mind announcing my age even when I'm 32 or 73...coz' we should all be proud and grateful that we're allowed to live for another year and have become more matured and feel more awesome each year. This time around has always been the time for my celebration and official contemplation time. And this celebration stuff will drag on for the whole month. I've had all the events for September lined up on the calendar and I'm so excited...yay...^_^
Before I go on to blabber about this year's b'day chronological, I'll share my dearest wishes. Here you are:
1) Family and friends
--> every year *without fail* I'll always wish for the health and happiness of my family (mom, dad, bros, sis), relatives, friends and anyone who knows me. And my friends and famz will wish for all the very best things to happen to me through mobile messages, through walls, wishes and comments written on this-decade-most-popular-online-tool *you-know-what* and through msn/skype. Any possible online tools that you can imagine. All is deeply appreciated and I can't thank you enough! So folks, thank you for all your blessings!!! thank you for caring to type those wonderful messages. Thank you for taking the hassle of writing your short wishes for me, even though we haven't seen each other for months or even years. Thank you for still remembering my b'day after so many years apart. MERCI BEAUCOUP!!
2) Love
--> every year I'll wish for love to be around me and for all the hatred/anger to be washed away from my heart. I'll always wish and wait patiently for the right 'one' to come along. While doing so, I'll fully enjoy my singlehood *before it's too late:P* and become a better person each day. I believe that no matter how successful you are in other things in life (career, finance, possessions, etc), we will still need love and we definitely need others to share all our success with (life partner, family etc).
3) Career
--> this coming year, wishing for everything related to my job to be just fine. Probably learn more on the job or just make use of my free time to work on other expertise. Even when the career journey is not all that flowery, I wish that I'll have all the capabilities and courage to overcome any kind of obstacles.
4) Finance
--> will save more, spend less and earn more. Improve my finances and slowly realizing my definition of success (as can be viewed in this post @Nov 6 ,2008)
5) Self-development
--> wishing to have enough time and resources to build on other expertise, fulfill my language ambition (this post @Jan 10, 2009), read various books for my pleasure, engage in occasional outings/gatherings/ktv/volleyball with friends, and travel for holiday with family/friends at least twice a year without exhausting my resources or being trapped in a rat-race.
Sien's 2009 B'day Chronological
H-365 days ~ Sept 2, 2008
Last year's birthday was filled more with contemplations, occupied by all the career matters and all sorts of soul-searching effort to find the true Sien once again. Now, I'm proud to say that I've discovered my true self again at last. This is me with all the strengths and weaknesses: ESTJ + Virgo.
H-10 hours ~ Sept 1, 2009 19:30
Was having my usual Tuesday volleyball game with all the familiar folks and two of them happened to know that I'm celebrating my b'day soon, bought a very delicious chocolate cake and they sang an early b'day song for me while I blew my candle. Gosh...I feel grateful that I've known all of them. Thank you! Then we just continued with the fun vball game...
H-6 hours ~ Sept 1, 2009 23:30
Went for supper with volleyball people, seven of us and I was sitting there, bottoming up my first 1.5 glass of Calsberg:P, was quite dizzy at first but I was fine. They treated me so nicely that I was so touched. They even bought me mee sua with two eggs, a tradition for a b'day girl/boy to eat this so that he/she will have a long life, be healthy and prosperous throughout the year. Then I was sent back home, had a good shower and finally slept at around 2 am.
H-0 ~ Sept 2, 2009 around 05:00 [私の誕生日だ...]
Woke up earlier than usual and I suspected the effect of Calsberg made me restless even while I'm sleeping. Miraculously, I was too excited that I could actually wake up that morning. Had quite a slack day at work and I wasn't planning for any after-work b'day dinner treat this year *had a facial appointment instead, after work*. I have this personal rule on having b'day dinner and inviting close friends. It'll only come once every two years folks:P (been like that since my 20th b'day:P). However, when I do invite my friends and relatives, you can be sure that I'm truly sincere and it's my way of saying "thank you for standing by me throughout this year".
H-0 ~ Sept 2, 2009 @16:30
Blew candles, cut a fruit cake and had a quick celebration with my dear colleagues. Went for facial after work, cooked simple spaghetti for dinner, replied messages on my wall and watched J-drama *have lotsa movies/dramas to catch up, great!!*
Overall, I had another blissful birthday this year and celebrations will continue throughout September....^_^
With love and hugs,
Sien
PS: next celebration --> two vball games this coming Saturday ^_^
and these are some pics from this afternoon...
yummy fruit cake
before blowing candles...
while making my birthday wishes...
my wishes have been sent off for processing through those blown candles...:P
cutting cake (not an easy job with all those decorations at the side...)
my dear colleagues...
No comments:
Post a Comment