Saturday, January 10, 2009

The inexplicable ambition?

I have once told myself this
"I gotta be fluent in five languages before I turn 25 yrs old"

And those lucky languages are:
Bahasa Indonesia - mother tongue
English - maybe I can teach? CELTA?
Chinese - conversational, reading, writing (practical everyday since I worked in company X)
French - starting out 10 Jan 2009 (Intermediate), passed B1
Japanese - going to continue in February or March, passed JLPT4, took JLPT3 (awaiting results)

Judging from the rate that I'm going now. I really hope I can make this come true. It's my personal ambition with inexplicable reasons (tried to rationalize it once, here).

Alas, I found out today that my language side of the brain is RUSTY *hixhix.

First French lesson today. Blur mode. I'll need a whole week of revision next week to retrieve the data in this brain and switch to my language gear. Going to register for Japanese course next one/two months.

I guess if we want something so badly,
We must be ready to make sacrifices (money, time, brain...)
We must make that something becomes our whole life...
We must live and breath with it at each second...
That way...I am certain that we can achieve whatever it is that we want...

-Sien-
*sigh...introvert mode

2 comments:

Ben said...

WOW, I wish I have your language ability :)

Anyway, this post truly inspires me. There's no free lunch, so we must sacrifice something to gain something else... :)

Anonymous said...

Yup, Ben. No free lunch in this world. We must learn about delayed gratification: suffer now, gain later...

Afterall, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Just hope that we have enough determination to sacrifice other important things in life, alright?

How's life?:P

-Sien-