Thursday, October 25, 2007

"We regret to inform you that..."

There I go...

1st stage for Citi was interview and I flunked. Yesterday was the 1st stage of Credit Suisse Product Control position, and I think I flunked too...Well is this the omen? That I don't really have that much of an interest in banking? that I don't have enough passion and will to get this job? that my interview skill (a.k.a. self-selling skill) is not good enough?

Well, I had a good chat with my friends this afternoon. You know? some stuff about choosing which job we want to do after graduation, whether we'll choose $$$ or life? One said that he'll choose both (50-50), just in the middle...anything that is not too much...or too little...somewhere out of Engineering field. Haha...guess I'm not alone in this case...

But the problem is.........which area?

I DON'T KNOW YET...I REALLY DON'T KNOW...

I don't even know if I'll like my first job in the other field...what are the PULL factors that can make me have the interest in that area?

Some options that I can think of right now:

1. Hospitality industry: hotel, travel agency (management trainee)
Facts: work almost 365 days a year (hotels never close), not a very good starting pay, high chance in the long run, service, must smile everyday, many interesting departments...

2. Logistics: yah...this one is simply because of my fyp and specialization, highly related!! and every company needs logistics people. Not easy though, but I mean, frankly...there's NO easy job out there. It's just a matter of attitude and how willing you are to work hard and live your life!! don't you think so???

3. Event organizer: I like organizing things...you know...

And most importantly--> a job that can make me live my life gratefully, in which:
I can still have my free weekends,
I can still learn languages (take courses and proficiency test),
I can still have outings and play my fave sport (volleyball..yay yay)

Of course after getting all the working experiences (probably 10 years from now), in the end, to become independent and be your own boss. I believe everyone has this dream deep inside, don't you?


Haaaaa....so confusing!!!  ぜんぜん わからないよ!!

Should I just stop thinking too much?


Cheers,



Sien2


My rejection e-mail, hahaha^_^

Dear Linsien,
Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview for the position of Management Associate.We are very impressed with your qualifications. We have however carefully reviewed your credentials in light of our requirements. We regret to inform you that we are not able to pursue your application further for the position of Management Associate. However, should other suitable vacancies arise in the future, we will contact you.We take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Citibank and to wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

3 comments:

vilnia said...

sien, the same things happen to me.
I also still don't know yet what must I do after graduating...

Sien said...

aooo ching...yup yup...i guess leaving school is difficult too...start making major decisions again eh?
Good luck for your career and soul search Ching...

Let's graduate with a clear mind on the next step ahead...

Fingers crossed! Hahaha...

tsubame said...

sien, abes baco artikel kau ni aku jadi terpikir lagi mo ngapola abes kuliah ni, dulu ado ide2 la, sekarang tambah kabur bae. hehehe. tapi rato2 semua orang kayak gini la kayaknyo y. ganbatte...