Hey folks,
I just returned from a wonderful gathering @Newton this Sunday afternoon. All like-minded young people gathered and networked in this social event. I met lots of interesting new people and I'm so excited that I need to spill it out immediately...right NOW...
Anyway, I went there with the intention of finding myself again, finding the old me who was not afraid to dream big, finding my real motivation to achieve success in the path I choose and eventually live my dreams -- to have a "just-nice" life. It means that I can do whatever things I like, go to wherever place I want, eat whatever things I love without having any concern on or worry about having no time and money to do so.
"Ah, I wanna go to France tomorrow.....just nice I have the time and $..."
"Ah, I wanna eat at the top restaurant this Saturday...just nice I have the time and $..."
and it's not all about the just-nice on luxurious stuff. It can also be this way...
"Ah I want to eat char kwey tiao at the hawker center near mrt...just nice there's one nearby"
"Ah I want to go to that 50% sale at Expo this weekend...just nice I have the time, $ and my shopping friends.."
etc etc...
Yes folks, it's about having the options to enjoy both sides of the world, anytime I want. I can be in a high-flyer class one day or become a cheapskate the next day. I can be living a luxurious life today or a humble life tomorrow. It's about the freedom to do things I like and still holding on to my moral values.
However, I realize that there's no free lunch in this world and trade-off is inevitable if you wanna achieve something big in life. Generally I'm grateful for what I have right now but the gathering today has reminded me to stay in touch with my good old self who dares to dream big.
So these are the reality checks and reminders for my life at the moment
- I'm busy executing on my small daily goals and my bigger goals are shrinking rapidly. Arggghh...T_T
- I'm afraid of getting too comfortable of living in a mediocre life --> 8-to-6 job, slow progression, 5-minute walk from company, mundane tasks (I'm always the kind of person who'll do my best in accomplishing the task at hand, no matter how trivial it is. Good attitude is the key), earning "peanuts" (though in this economy, earning peanuts is better than earning nothing at all)
- I'm still figuring out the focus of my passion and interest - what's my true calling? observing any pattern right now?
- I have several hobbies that I'm pursuing after work and during weekends - volleyball games, reading books, teaching myself how to cook, learning French, learning Japanese, network with like-minded people...
- Me? an English teacher in Japan? Hemm...
- Me? traveling around Europe and study/work?
- I still want to travel around the world and setup a system that's related to culture, travel, language and food - where's the action? when? how? focus area?
- I'm NOT on track to achieve financial freedom and live my "just-nice" life ~ how???
- I have not created solid action plans to financial freedom or taken any baby steps yet ~ how???
- I have not created solid action plans to financial freedom or taken any baby steps yet ~ how???
- "To become fluent in five languages before 25 years old" goal is on track - yay ^_^
I have so many things that I want to achieve in life but I'm learning to focus on one thing at a time. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Please remind me again whenever I'm drifting away from these dreams, will you?
-Sien-
is currently available to meet with all interesting people out there...^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment