Monday, March 30, 2009

Leaps of Faith - Courage and Commitment

Folks,

It's the end of the month again and March's fun 'coz I was embracing spontaneity...

As you might have noticed, I've been setting monthly goals (refer to the side bar) as part of my babysteps plan towards my long-term goals. At the end of the month, I'll make some time to update and review my goals and achievement for the month.

I'm glad to say that I'm on the right track but still with a very slow pace. Here are the 'tracks' where I'm running now:

Track 1 - The financial path
On this track, I'm saving the $$$ for various purposes, like: paying back my study loan, investing on my education, building 'bird's nest' for myself and family, etc etc. However, I felt that I'm in a much slower pace compare to those who choose insurance, property or sales line and who have enough willpower to learn trading and investment apart from their daily tasks on the job. This is because I haven't gotten sufficient courage and commitment to push myself to the edge, to take that major LEAP OF FAITH and speed up my pace. I'm afraid of getting more comfortable doing something 'safe', doing a 9-to-5 job and earn a so-so $$$ just like everyone else. A part of me says that I could do more than that. But a part of me says otherwise.
"Isn't it the thing that you want? To have a job that still allows you to have free weekends and free time during weekdays? with less or no overtime?"

I'm grateful and restless at the same time. When can I have the courage to take that leap of faith? pursuing another thing that can become my long-term career?

Track 2 - The education path
On this track, I've taken that LEAP OF FAITH by pushing myself to take 2 language courses in the same period. I have a theory that says "when one's learning a foreign language, one automatically increases his/her own chances of going to the country where it is spoken and really immerse in the country's culture". I've proven this by staying in France for one month in 2007. Though it's a really short period. I can't wait to go back there again someday. I also wanna go to Japan and get the first-hand experience of the culture. For me, a great satisfaction comes from understanding what others are saying and from learning their culture. Those are the main driving factors. If you ask me about the end goals? I'm still not sure yet...

I might become a language teacher who can travel around the world and still make a living.
I might become a housewife who teaches languages while running her own travel agencies.
I might become a translator or interpreter who gets in touch with important people.
I might become (whatever it is that I'm dreaming about)...

Enough with the daydreaming!

My point is: I love the feeling of understanding what others are saying and I'm sure these languages will be useful in the future.

My Friday eves and Saturday afternoons will be filled with courses from April onwards. Just hope that my determination won't wear off along the way. Must 加油!頑張ってね!! Bon courage!

Track 3 - The relationship path
I've been trying to suppress feelings towards any guys these past two years. Just because I was afraid of falling too hard. I tend to suppress it by instantly treating the guy that I fancy like a buddy whom I can talk about almost everything. Pretended that he's my normal friend and introduced some other girls to him, just to save myself from a heart-break and of course to save my pride. It was a bad habit that I'm going to get rid of. It'll be my goal next month. I'll be true to what I really feel. I'm taking this LEAP OF FAITH and I'm not afraid to fall in love again^_^

Life is made of a series of short-distance runs that must be completed before we reach our destinations...

Bisous,

Sien (have a wonderful April everyone!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oi sien salut aku neh samo kau .organized nean..hahaha tapi jangan terlalu serius k. :)
idup dilewatin dengan nyantai be seperti air mengalir,,,dak usah sampe nak target2 tercapai galo can? :D
also, why do u never mention ur biggest achievement last mth?! wakakkak
*u know wad i mean


shilv