Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Blogging Habit and What's Up?

Alright folks, so this fellow blogger asked me why I didn't update my blog...

"Well, I had 6 posts in May, so far it's my record 'coz I'd usually write up to 4 new posts each month during the term time."
"Huh, May has 31 days and you only blog for 6 times. I've come back to check everyday, but there's nothing new."

*Haha, so sorry berl, it really depends on the 'mood' you know...thanks for visiting anyway! now I know why my visitor counts can increase everyday even without any update. Huahuahua....Muah muah^_^

I must admit that I'm not a really "good" updated blogger...
I only write whenever:
- I have something worth-sharing or
- I think my life is not very dull anymore or
- There're some life-changing experiences that come my way or
- I feel like killing my time (which I normally did by sleeping instead of doing something productive, darn it...:P)

Otherwise, I'll just leave the trailing thoughts in my own mind.

After 28 May (my French proficiency test day), I immediately received the unofficial pass/fail news the next day. All thanks to our beloved French teacher. We've all PASSED the intermediate level, B1
*happy*. I hope it's with flying colors, though the listening test was a killer one, at least 70/100? :P

I had also spent my time looking for jobs, looking for tuition assignment, sending loads of resume, and, alas, I was also busy reformatting my stupid lappie. It really got on my nerve now, the way it hanged over there, not reacting to any single input I made. I was so used to losing my data now, that it's NOT even FUNNY anymore &@^&^@(&^)*&)(*!_)@!!
*3 times in one month??? are you kidding me?*
*a good sign for a new MAC, a VAIO or a TOSHIBA maybe?*

Last week, I got this phone call from a conference company that I've been aiming for since last February. I finally got a chance to interview for the position that I assume I'll love doing and that I'll be able to do with excellence. I got the crucial enlightenment of the 'real' job, the nasty and exciting aspects of the job. After saying all those things, he said I can always balk out whenever I want to 'coz they're not desperately looking for new hire. Well, after that, my interest may have gone down a few notch but the knack of creating and researching are still there and I was trying to convince myself that this is the first job that I really want. A good stepping stone to achieve something bigger in 2/3-year time. I have also been given a task that I gotta do for the next interview, just to test out how interested I am in this position. I went back that day, with lots of thoughts in my mind.

"Is this IT? the first job I'll love? How about if...yadda yadda yadda..." *all the bad thoughts, darn it*

But I decided to alter my mind, instead of thinking about all the possibility of having everything goes bad, I decided to use a more positive approach like this...

"Yeah, now I know all the goods and bads of this job. I can do this. I haven't even got the offer. Slow down girl. I shouldn't think too much. Now, let's do well on this 'little' homework. We'll see where it'll take me^_^"

So this coming Friday, I'll have to come again and show my results. It was exhilarating. I found that I love reading something new while researching and one fact has strucked my senses down to the core. The fact that I didn't really read a lot of news, aside from celebrity news, before I had this homework. I didn't care at all. All those current affairs...Yikes...Then I reckoned if I got into this job, I'll have to start reading more news and be an up-to-date person. It'll be great for either my knowledge about a lot of industries or my exposure to many business people a.k.a networking skill. Mainly because the goal of this conference business is to provide an excellent networking platform for business people to discuss current issues and their solutions. A big +++ huh? My only concern is the specific division that I'm interviewing now. I'm not really sure how high my interest is on the topic of energy and resources. I'm sure it's important, current and all those, but...well...hemm...*thinking hard*

Anyway, I've been technically "spamming" all the employers of my choice and they have all come from fields like engineering (specifically in logistics/supply chain department), hospitality (conferences and management trainee) and just today, I'm also considering some PR related jobs like advertising or planning in the media industry. Gosh, you know I'm a "greedy" girl. I told you that millions of times. I want this and that endlessly. Just because I thought those fields are my 'real' cups of tea. I assume that they'll fit my personality and interest, they'll allow me to speak to people and they won't be boring. I'm an easily-bored person but once I jump into something, I'd like to give my everything and strive for excellence. Thus, I HAVE to make a cautious decision here.

Am I picky? Yes, to a certain extent. I must say that I'm more to reasonable than picky. I mean, excuse me, I made the mistake once four years ago
(when I enrolled into the-not-my-cup-of-tea-but-no-regret major in engineering) and heaven knows that I'm not going to make the same mistake again NOW. So here I am, exploring on my most-suitable-job-at-this-moment with much anxiety and uncertainty but confident enough to declare that I can finally see the dim light that has become brighter and brighter each time I take the action. The light is there, right at the very end of this crucial crossroad.

Human will definitely have many crossroads in our life. We're obliged to make important decisions in every phase of life, from major things like, choosing which major in college, choosing the first job, choosing your husband/wife to the tiniest thing, like choosing which dress to wear today:P. Life is full with choices. And it is our right to explore on every options out there and make the right decision.

Alright enough for the career coaching session:P

Now let me share with you my fave quotes from the movie "
Sex and the City" (spoiler alert!!). Definitely worth my 7 bucks and I had a good laugh with the girls. Hahaha...GREAT!! I watched it just now in JP, btw.

"I love you, but I love ME more." - Samantha

"Honey even if I were in jail, I wouldn't have that....situation" (Samantha on Miranda's waxing issues)

"I curse the day you were born" (Charlotte to Big)

"Color? Well I can't color enough. I would color all day...everyday if I had my way I'd use every crayon in the box."(Samantha to the girls)

Now..now..., I think I have to start tracking back on the first season of this interesting tv series...Off now. Adios!!!

Bisous,


-Sien-

2 comments:

berlina said...

muahaha
so the whole post is dedicated to my request...*touched*
hehehe

Sien said...

exactly...flattered huh?:P mhuahuhauhau...