Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Imagine Your Future

It really WORKS!!!!

The method of IMAGINING things, like: the kind of events you want to have, the kind of person you want to be or even the kind of job/career that you picture yourself having in the future *or maybe in a very near future, like 1 or 2 weeks ahead*, really works...

At least, it worked for me. I have all of them clearly pictured in my head all the time, rewinding each future event that I desire and even jotting down the date I want it to occur. I started taking action and everything falls into its right places. (reminded you of the Secret - Law of Attraction huh?)

"I couldn't write a better script (only He could...)" - Cook

That's also the sentence I want to use to describe these past few days. Let me begin in chronological order, starting from the end of last week.

Saturday & Sunday, 7 & 8 June 2008
(2 days after the D-day *you know what*)

Celebration mood was still in the air. I was out of hostel early in the morning with one purpose: meeting my very first student. Yeah, my first headache and imagination begin from that moment onwards.

I'm giving tuition to a P1 kid (she's only 5 but supertalkative). Frankly, I'm not quite sure IF I can still teach once I CONFIRMED a full time job. I thought about every possibility but I just couldn't get the solution that day. So I just left it hanging for a while...

After the meeting, I went back for a while just to pack my stuff before a 2-day outing at East Coast. And I also managed to call up one more potential student, this time was a Sec 3 student who needs English tutor. I thought to myself, "Oh well, one more tuition. I want the teaching experience that I picture myself having in the next 10 years. This is the start, I think. Just to find out if I have that teaching-blood:P"

So there I was, adding one more headache to myself. Of course, I started imagining IF I have two tuitions,

will I still have time for myself?
won't my FUTURE work require me to stay late during weekdays?
Yadda yadda yadda...

All kinds of thoughts bombarded me.
*apparently, it was a blessing in disguise. I'll elaborate later. Great....keep on reading folks!!!! right on...

Back to the outing at East Coast during the weekends. It was a FABULOUS moment (thx WS for asking us out!!). We BBQed, cycled at night, played board games till dawn, didn't sleep at all and there were lots of laughters in the house. I forgot every single headache I had in the morning *including the fact that I haven't received any job offer up until that day...we'll come to that later...:P

Then on Sunday afternoon, we got out of the stress-free zone, hopped on to the taxi and strolled down the lane towards the mrt station with zombie-like faces. All thanks to the bunch of fun board games that took up our sleeping time and eventually we only managed to take one-and-a-half-hour-after-breakfast nap. Once I arrived at my lovely room and had my shower, I immediately dozed off for the next 12 hours to pay back the 'debt'...

What a wonderful life cycle huh?

Monday, 9 June 2008

I got that next important phone call 'coz I showed up the last Friday with the not-flawless-but-my-interviewer-was-impressed task at hand. I earned the presumably last interview with the MD. I was excited but keeping it cool at the same time. I even said I had another appointment *yeah, with my other student* when the HR asked me if I was free on Tuesday. So, the interview was shifted to Thursday instead. Yippee...more time to psycho myself into believing that I can get the job. I wouldn't let my nerve play tricks on me:P. That evening, I went to a volleyball game after almost a month-break but on top of that I wasn't very fit after the no-sleep-but-fun outing and I still insisted on going. Alas, my bad condition got the best out of my mood and I decided to leave earlier than I should. I was just longing for my fluffy pillow and continue paying for the unfinished 'debt':p

Tuesday & Wednesday, 10 & 11 June 2008

These two days, I was just busy meeting up with my students and gathering as much information as I can about her weaknesses. It was my first time as a tuition teacher and I'd like to become a dedicated one and really help in improving my student's results. Thus, I was researching some books and making lesson plans before my tuition session. I was still in a very bad headache 'coz I can't figure out how I can do everything at once. FULL TIME + Tuition (Weekday eve + Weekend) + Language courses.

One week has only 7 days and 1 day has only 24 hours. How on earth can I fit everything in? especially if I got the offer with that conference company that I've been aiming since February. My brain was in a major train-wrecked and I couldn't help but sleep very early that night. Accidentally fell asleep at 9 pm and woke up at 3.30 am just to realize that I haven't showered....*ooops. I quickly got up, showered, browsed around the net and fell asleep again. Now, the debt has been paid off.

Thursday, 12 June 2008
*when everything starts working itself out...wonderful!*

Here I am...finally reaching this day. It is finally the time to choose my path and there are people who're willing to take their chances on me, just like me taking on my chances with them. Fortunately, the feeling was mutual and I got that special OFFER!! I knew the goods and bads of this offer. I've asked enough questions to let me see the bigger picture of the job responsibilities.

I've done this, seen that, felt this and now, I think I'm ready to start collecting all the tiny detailed pieces to create something meaningful. I wanted this job so badly. Now that I got the chance, I will give my best and assure them that they really invest on the right person. Let the journey begin once more!

The other thing that starts falling into the right place was my tuition plan. I've managed to think of a worth-trying solution to avoid giving tuition on weekday without breaking the two-times-a-week promise. I'll negotiate that with the mom tomorrow. I hope it'll be just fine.

I'm at the end of these crossroads and heading towards my chosen path.


May all the good luck remains!



-Sien-
*Yippeee...I can now plan to go back home for a while before I settle my moving out and start my work. It is a huge RELIEF!!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

WOW CONGRATZ!!!

I am so happy for you that you finally make an intelligent decision, probably one of the most important in your life..

I have some offers, but i guess i need to talk to more people so as to avoid making silly mistake.. although ultimately i need to make a decision :)

For you, all the wonderful luck! :)