Friday, April 11, 2008

What are my PRIORITIES now?

Everytime I clicked on that "New Post" link, I can't help but feeling guilty when I look at my surroundings, bunch of things that I haven't finished, piles of things to do....*sigh*

Because of that, I've been pretty much "absent" from this blogging world for half a month now...I guess I don't have that blogging addiction yet, I guess I didn't treat a daily journal as sacredly as I used to in high school. I guess writing new post in my blog hasn't become one of my top priorities? Why is there no urge of pouring everything into words, every minute, everyday?

I'm guessing that maybe I just have so many things to say that I don't even now how or where to start. Should I just explain my schedule? my feeling today? my thoughts? my everything? Why did I blog in the first place?

Though I might have lotsa things happening to me right now. I just can't describe it in words these days. I'll usually need two to three hours to blog my complete feeling, condition or thoughts. So spending two to three hours for blogging will make me feel that I'm abandoning my current priorities. That's where this nasty feeling came out...

However folks, guess what...
I have finally made up some time to blog today...*yay yay yay*


What are the things that have kept me from updating this blog?


1. FYP


As usual, my fyp report has kept me busy this week. Since my draft has been returned last week, I had to make some major changes, including adding one more chapter to it...:P. It was undoubtedly time-consuming but I'm much more satisfied with my final report and I've submitted three sets just now, 2 for my supervisors and 1 for the "unknown" moderator. FYP presentation will be in one-month time, right after exam period *fingers crossed*.


Btw, this morning I had to make a short presentation or rather a brief explanation of the simulation model to some important people. It wasn't as nerve-breaking as I would expect. I guess all those meetings with important business people and professors these past few months have shaped my communication skill to a new level. I'm glad that I can improve it. Toastmasters club has also helped me a lot in increasing my confidence level.



2. Cold calls and interviews


Yeah, some people are really using the online job portal to search for candidates, esp. those recruitment agency or financial planner a.k.a. insurance. I received several cold calls from those agencies and apparently they found my resume posted in monster.com. At first, I didn't expect that one can really get a job from those online portals. But now that I have received some calls I might have to change my mind a lil' bit. Hahaha...


Alright, regarding those calls from agencies, I had a talk with the person. I became more interested somehow, but later on I was rejected because my profile didn't seem to match their requirement. I guess I flunked the personality test. I seriously have no idea how they determine that. It's rather confusing though. Never mind...


Anyway, as I have spammed out my resume to some of the companies/industries that I have interest in, I was waiting for their replies and I've received 2 invitations and 2 rejections so far. I guess when one door closes, another really opens up. So I should never give up right?


This morning, one more door opens up, the one that I didn't expect before. It's so amazing that sometimes when you don't plan that path at all, it will just suddenly appear out of thin air. It never crossed my mind before that I would get an offer to continue my current fyp and worked as a PO (Project Officer) for 6 mths-1 year. What a surprise!!! I will seriously consider about it, 'coz a part of me want to see how far this model can be developed, but a part of me still hoping that I'll sail through the next stage after my first interview yesterday (with that big company that I've always wanted to work for). Gosh...let's see about that later! *again, fingers crossed*



3. Quizzes and the upcoming exams (I can only focus on studying from today onwards)


Ah well, I still have one more oral test (Japanese) coming up this afternoon, then after that I'll start my usual mugging-in-my-room-studying-piles-of-notes-day-by-day semestrial routine. This is considered a late start compare to the previous semester. All 'thanks' to fyp*huff*

These past two weeks have been filled with quizzes, which I think didn't go as marvelously as I wanted to. I had 2 oral tests, 2 listening and written tests in one week and two interviews in a week. I guess I have to put this period as one of my hectic moments in NTU. Interestingly, my gut feeling is telling me that I might miss these hectic moments deeply once I graduated in a month-time. Huff, I guess my thoughtful side should be stopped from working against me. All I have to do now, is clearing all my last modules with flying colors. Let's do that!! *yay*


These three things basically sum up my priorities at the moment. There are several uncertain things and I just have to wait for all the good things to come my way and hoping for all the bad things to be not so bad (means i can still handle them without much difficulty:P). So until next time (wouldn't be too long), I'll see you around folks.


Thanks a bunch for reading my random thoughts.




Je t'embrasse,





Sien

3 comments:

Ben said...

Hey, actually I dunno that insurance agency has ever rejected people, it's the first time i heard that! I thought they just use the personality test to so-called convince the person that doing FP thingy is his cup of tea. So, I am quite surprised that they say u dun meet their criteria.

Actually I have nothing against the way insurance do business and get commission, BUT I am just afraid the market is pretty saturated already with really A LOT of people turn to be FP.

Anyway, good luck for your job search and the rest of ur study :)

Anonymous said...

Haha...not insurance ben, headhunting consultant position...ah well, i still have some options..shall decide later on! You too...good luck for last exams in NTU, fyp presentation later and job search? or have you signed the contract with that bank?:P

Ben said...

oh ic2...

I haven't signed any contract at all.. still thinking and looking around :)