I guess all of us can breathe a relief after the results are OUT. I've read some of my friends' blog and they all discuss about results. Some mixed reactions:
1) I did well... (straight As, wowww!!)
2) I didn't do so well compare to last semester's. I "only" have 1 A+ (means last sem's he/she had more A+ than A)
-->Yes, there's this kind of person exists...wanting for more...hahaha. Yikes, come on man! Get a life and be grateful. Average people can't do that. Unluckily, I can't blame them for being so "gifted". Gosh...天才!!
3) Arrgh, i got a C+ da*n it!!
--> this is only for those high achievers who consider A and B as the "only" acceptable letters. So, it's unbearable for them to see any other letter in Degree Audit, makes them want to swear...
4) Yay, all PASSED!!
--> when a clear pass is all that he/she aimed for
5) I'm definitely in the wrong course, i scored well in non-engineering subjects, isn't that weird?(hahaha...dun worry Ben, you're not alone...i did great in my prof. comm, ensoc, japanese; not so great in my majorPEs=P)
6) Huh, exam results are out? I couldn't care less.
--> Well this one is a bit hypocritical, don't you think? I'm sure you STILL care, though perhaps not as much as when you're still first year, where you think too much and predict too much, you also have higher expectations back then.
7) My results not so good, hope my friends don't look down on me...
--> This is too ridiculous...a real friend never judge you based on your exam results. Since when do those next-10-years-they-mean-nothing sets of letters become a basis in a friendship and/or relationship?
My advice to all of you:
Please CELEBRATE the fact that you have done your best and get a CLEAR PASS in your exams. Celebrate your As and Bs (for those high achievers)!! Don't moan and complain too much about your one C or D! Be more positive, k? Look at the bright side...
For FINAL YEAR dudes, we still have one LAST semester to go and get that piece of "paper" that we've been working our asses for (four straight years, maaan! Tired liaozz...)
I bet, for most of us, our priority has shifted a lil' bit. As for me, exam results are not such a big deal anymore (though I still want to score well). It's NOT my first priority. There are more things coming to us. More job-searches, recruitment talks, final year project accomplishment, plan for graduation trip, convocation, etc. There are lots of other exciting (or can be dreadful=P) things out there. Exam results are just one of those tiny, petty things that once filled up our university life. Now, we can focus on accomplishing fyp, clearing last modules, developing our "selling" skill and finding that suitable (but may not be perfect) first job.
Next 10 years, exam results won't matter that much...trust me!
Enjoy the rest of the holiday friends! Ciao...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Cheers,
Sien2
*my results are surprisingly the same as last semester's *happy*
*what're my new year resolutions? still IP...
2 comments:
Yup.. cant agree more with you. The importance of exam result will decrease exponentially after we graduate.. (except for some people who want to put "first class honour" in their name card =P)
hey happy girl :D, just found out that u did actually blog :P
Post a Comment