Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Inevitable Decision

I am NOW jobless and confused after my last battle.

I have been eating good food, outing, sleeping a lot (wake up at 10/11 am everyday), enjoying my moment of freedom. I can’t fly back home this month ‘coz I have many other things to be taken care of, like: preparing for my French proficiency test this coming 28th of May and looking for my right fit. In my previous postings, I did say about my intention to choose the off-track path, a non-engineering or at least non-technical kind of first job, ‘coz I have a vision of the career that I want to have 25 years from now. However, my switching cost upon graduation is so high that I felt all the odds are stacked against me.

Some possible paths (concrete positions: making them come true now, fingers crossed) that I have to choose eventually (after I ponder for almost a year):

June-July-August 2008 --> Part time intern in travel planning industry (for 2 months: learn a lot) + Part time tuition teacher while looking for full time-job + study for CFA certificate.

September 2008 + 3 years -->
Full time as a Logistics/Procurement Officer in MNC (do I want to climb the corporate ladder?) OR
Full time as a Conference/Event Executive in an Event company OR
Full time as a Travel Consultant
+ building up my own LCC (current idea) + expanding my network

July 2011 (finish the bond) --> MBA Hospitality in Switzerland or France then a complete switch to hospitality industry (Tourism and Travel, Hotel sector) after I know which specific field I want to go, after the MBA)

July 2016 (going 30 yrs old) --> language teacher + a financial savvy professional hotelier + housewife

I’m crystal clear that all my plans won’t work if I don’t put my greatest effort (beyond my own or expectation)

And I also know that I have to be flexible with this plan, ‘coz it won’t be a smooth-sailing journey.

It seems like my long journey is about to begin very SOON…

14 days left…

14 days more to enjoy a free-and-easy life…

Gosh…


Cheers,



Sien2
*building up the courage to fight once more

No comments: