According to Wiki,
Passion, from the Latin, means to suffer or to endure
Passion is an emotion of feeling very strongly about a person.
Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for anything and often requiring action.
Passion often applies to lively or eager interest in or admiration for a proposal, cause, or activity or love.
In learning, passion is defined in a slightly different way,
Passion can be expressed as a feeling of unusual excitement or enthusiasm about a subject, idea, person, or object.
The keywords are:
unusual excitement, enthusiasm, strong emotion or admiration.
Let me give you one example of a person who follows his passion...^_^
I have witnessed (in fact the whole world witnessed it too) the victory of this one guy, who has by far been my most fave idol from this well-known but cheesy singing competition. But I love this cheesy show, especially the current winner, DAVID COOK!!!!! I've been browsing videos and news about him and found that he is not only a great singer and rocker (imho), but also very witty, a very very very smart guy, articulate and well-spoken. Great!! You can see from his interviews here.
And this one is his latest news (from LA Times), full story here.
"I just wanna make a record that's gonna make the hair on the back of your neck stand up," exclaimed newly crowned "American Idol," David Cook, during a conference call with the media this morning. When asked when he would recover from the exhaustion and excitement of it all, Cook replied, "Hopefully never."
Throughout the competition, Cook's mentality has been "hope for the best, expect the worst." After all, following Tuesday's performance, the general sentiment was that Cook's rival, David Archuleta, had won the night. Believe it or not, Cook agreed. "I definitely thought if you were basing it off of Tuesday, [Archuleta] deserved to win. He came out and did three amazing songs," recalled Cook.
.....
If Cook looks like a different man today than the one we met months ago, it's not just the gleam in his eye. "I've lost probably 10, 15 pounds on this season," he revealed. And Cook's physique isn't the only thing that changed. He's become more open as a performer, thanks to vocal coach Debra Byrd, who helped him break down the "wall" he was putting up. Hence Cook's late-season success -– and his late-season proclivity for tears, especially at the finale. "The crying after I'd won was like an exhale," he recalled. "I felt like that whole time I was holding my breath."
Here's another one here. Anyway, there are lots of articles and news about him on the net, so Cookie's fans out there. Let's support him^_^
Go Cookie!! Can't wait for his album. He said,"I just wanna make a record that's gonna make the hair on the back of your neck stand up."
Well let's see!!:P
There are tons of pictures of him too, just browse the net. Cute rocker *blushed*

After performing "Always be my baby" --> rooting for him since then:D. Love his version!

I don't normally listen to rock song but the way he sings it...Gosh, left me wanting for more (I'm an official fan of cookie now...:P)
Cookie cried when he WON!! Yattaaaa....
"Man, if you can't feel 7000 people cheerin' for you, then you're in the wrong business." when asked about him opening up emotionally
One more quote:
"I just want to be remembered as somebody who got into this for the right reasons. I didn't get into this to be a celebrity. I got into this so I could make a living, playing music. God's will, and I get to do it."
Must also watch video at the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno here.
There you are, the true passion that I was talking about.
My definition of passion = a strong desire to succeed in the field that you love doing (or you assumed you love doing), to be good at it and be willing to continuously strive for perfection.
Cook chose the pursue his dream as a musician, leaving his college degree and decided to be a bartender while playing music. He didn't choose the obvious and easy way, instead he decided to follow his passion and chose the hard path to success in the field that he loves (by first becoming a bartender and playing music, ignoring his degree in graphic design, according to the source I read:P). It was that small brave step that matters the most. I believe after his victory in AI, he'll definitely become a superstar, with multi-platinum records. All the best Cook!
Q: What kind of advantage came from working the bar circuit, pre-Idol?
A: You get pretty humble playing shows to five people. Having that experience made the Idol experience all the sweeter. To go from one extreme to the other, you kind of appreciate the huge crowds. I definitely think my time (playing bars) was needed in order to have any form of success on the show.
Well, as for me folks,
I am going to gather all my courage and choose the field of my passion, just like my Idol :P. Adios!
Bises,
Sien
*these past few weeks: sending resume and figuring out my real passion despite all the possible setbacks:(
No comments:
Post a Comment