My bestfriends will have known the complete stories, so if you're kepo and dare enough to ask me the complete ones, just give it a shot someday... *if you dare
I googled around yesterday and I typed "single, jomblo, blog" and those words led me to this blog. Not many postings there, so you can read them in one shot but the writer has written some very funny and powerful articles. I highly recommend every SINGLE GALS OUT THERE to read hers before you read this.
Now, let me begin this SPECIAL post *huff, deep breath......sigh.... (digging out memorable yet painful memories...be brave!). It's a lot easier for me to put these memories into writings, 'coz I'm not exactly a good "live" story-teller. And friends, I shall make this post as concise as possible with just 3 important things in each crush (perhaps you want to learn something from it)
1. When did it happen?
2. How?
3. Moral of the story at the end of it?
And my last advice before you start reading this --> for those of you who have experienced many crushes before but never a real relationship...don't be upset...instead you must consider treasuring this free-like-a-bird moment, single precious moment and make use of this time to love yourself, to take good care of your body, mind and soul, to improve your skills, to travel around and see the world, to explore your strengths and to look around. It's also legal to have several crushes at the same time^_^.
Maybe you'll sometimes feel desperate (esp if you have an age limit) if you haven't found your other "half" yet, but you can still polish this other "half" that's already within you, can't you? Prepare for that best other "half" to fit perfectly into this "half" that belongs to you...alright?
Here we go...
Crush on Mr. A
When?
Primary 6
How?
No one knows about this. He's just someone popular back then, and he played vball. I guess this is what we usually call 'puppy love', 'monkey love' or whatever the term we use to describe an immature love, just-for-fun love. There's no basis or any difficult considerations, just a simple attraction.
Moral of the story?
I had quite an early experience to this boy-girl attraction and it was just a beginning of what seems like a vicious cycle of having crushes with vball guys...huff...T_T
"People tend to build attraction and interest on others who do the same activities as them (more time spent together and more stories being told to each other)"
{Orang Jawa bilang --> "Witing tresno jalaran soko kulino" bener gak nih spelling-nya? :P}
Crush on Mr. B
When?
Junior High 1
How?
This time was a crush on another vball guy, a senior. He's in 3rd yr, I'm a freshie. My class at the 3rd level, and his class was right below mine at the 1st level. I liked to see him (from above) come to class every morning with his bag on one arm. He's just so cool, that's what I thought everytime I saw him. But well, I was too coward to be aggressive so this crush's over when he graduated. Not many conversations happened at that time. Just admiring from afar. My bestfriends knew this and they've accompanied me all the way (giggle together, running around together...hahaha)
Moral of the story?
"If you like someone, you must show him that you exist, be friends with him, create conversations and show your interests. Don't 'chicken' out too fast!"
Crush on Mr. C
When?
Junior High 2
How?
Again, another vball senior...this is a bad bad bad bad bad habit!!! vicious cycle.... This time, he's a year older than me, very friendly, we're friends, we talked about stuff, he teased me a lot, even a teacher matchmade us *crazy*. It was very surreal though. The crush went on for 1.5 years and it worn away after my 'implicit' confession in one of the greeting card I gave him. I knew that I didn't want to have any regret of not showing my interest to him. I think I had an 'implicit' answer that said, he treated me like his lil' sis...Gosh...
Moral of the story?
"Sometimes, imagination can fool you. You hope and imagine too much and you were drown, ALONE in that impossible dream. Sometimes, you just have to seek for the truth by yourself and confirm those imaginations. If not, you'll be stuck wondering forever."
He likes me, he likes me not, he likes me, he likes me not...
Crush on Mr. D
When?
Junior High 3
How?
I never notice this guy so much in the first two years in junior high ('coz I was busy admiring those seniors). We're classmates in junior high for the whole three years. And I only noticed him in my 3rd yr. This time...it's not that cycle anymore, in fact he didn't play vball at all. I think for this one, I can make a full novel out of it. And I think, everyone knew about it. Gosh...what an embarassing 4 years! Yes, that was a record folks, a crush for 4 years...My behavior was so obvious that I'm sure even a blind guy will realize that I had a crush on him. And I guess a lot of my friends knew the ending of this crush. I made another brave 'explicit' written confession...with a zero result at the end of the day. He had a crush on another girl. I never regretted this crush, not even a bit. I was honest to myself and I was proud of myself.
Moral of the story?
"Sometimes all you need is a bottle of gasoline and a pinch of salt to know the courage and pain that love can bring (or in this case, a loooong crush...). Courageous to take that pro-active action again, to express your care and interests, but at the same time, you must be willing to accept the facts and swallow the pain. All of these just make you stronger and you'll find your trueself during the process"
Crush on Mr. E
When?
University Year 1
How?
The history repeated itself. Another vball guy...maann...is there an end to this? All this while, I can't explain the type of guy I'm attracted to, but one thing for sure, a guy that can play vball seems like a natural attraction for me. It went on about 1.5 years until I made (again?!?!?!) another "explicit" virtual confession.
I think I'm brave and courageous but I'm only human with my own limit. I just want certainty and I'm sure every girls want a certainty from their man. And I was a big supporter of brave women who're not afraid to show their love first...However, unexpectedly, this particular crush had crushed me so hard that I can't seem to have the same courage as before (until today...T_T, guess it's an accumulation kind of thing...bottling up discouragement...*sigh*)
Moral of the story?
"There are limits that we can't surpass no matter how hard we try. All we need is to turn back, reflect and recharge our energy to do other useful things (other than constantly running up and down to find love). Sometimes, love will come when you least expected it and for us girls, I think it is our obligation to wait, look around and give our response when a guy has an interest on us. We shouldn't be the pro-active one, should we?" {I never know the answer to this question...}
Crush on Mr F, G, H
When?
University Year 2,3,4
How?
After that, I had random short crushes with several guys, sometimes at once, sometimes after a certain time. It was tiring and I guess I was just playing with my own feeling. Trying to find that particular traits, personality, qualities that one day I'd like to see in my other 'half'. As for now, I'm happy being single and I still want to do and accomplish so many things in life...
Moral of the story?
"Self-actualization is the best gift you can give to yourself. Noone can respect and give you love more than you do. Not even your parents, your friends or your lover. It is YOU who can give all the LOVE and RESPECT you want to have, to enable you to grow endlessly."
Love yourself before you can give your love to others. That's what I learned from these crushes.
How about you??
I looked at my watch and it's already 12.26 am 14 Feb, folks!
Happy Valentine's Day EVERYONE!!
May all of you be happy and in love everyday^_^
With hugs and kisses,
Sien2
*Writing blog and report at the same time:P
*Valentine's day - for couples, family, friends, EVERYBODY!!
*We should treat everyday as Valentine's day:P
2 comments:
Wow, Sien, caknyo beda kali ini topiknyo hahaha
shil ^^
There is a saying about this, men are destined to chase. The privilege they have is to choose who should they put their efforts into.
On the other hand, women are destined to wait. Their privilege is to choose among those who are coming their way. The right to say yes or no.
My advice is to wait. Patiently observe those who are coming your way. Because it's easier for women to learn to love someone new compared to men. Sometimes it's not that they don't want to try, but they just can't. That's just how things are. That's the difference between men and women.
Post a Comment