Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happenings in December - 14 days to 2009

What happened this December?

1. First Week
- Nothing exciting, just work. Not many things to do, in fact I have almost nothing to do. Have to really try hard to dig out something new to learn everyday. Fortunately, my mind wasn't too focus on work matter that week, I've got Japanese Proficiency Test to think about. So I didn't care so much about work, just get up everyday, go to work on time, lunch on time and return home on time. I spent my evenings studying for the test.
- Had a long weekend due to Hari Raya. After the not-too-difficult test, I visited my bro and had dinner with friends. Then continue on with TV series nights, watching them non-stop from my pink Vaio^_^

2. Second Week
- Finally heard the confirmation that all of us need to take forced leave for 8 days *darn it, i don't even have 8 days yet, so they'll gimme advanced leave. Sigh, as long as I can still go back for CNY, I don't really mind. 
- Had a lunch outing with ex-colleagues and apparently they have all left that sh**** company. I wasn't alone. Quite a relief to know that and the great thing is...they have all gotten a new job! This goes to prove that in this kind of economy, jobs still exist as long as you know where and how to get them^_^

3. This Week
The last week before forced leave a.k.a. holiday period a.k.a. plant shutdown, boss's not around. But things are still the same, still slack and nothing much. I've tried and tried to contribute and involve myself in any discussion. I guess I need to try harder...still feel like I haven't done anything significant in the job...it is really very dull. Gosh...

PS: I still love the location though (will always love it). Alas, I woke up later and later everyday:P
So these are just a few things that I've been up to recently. Now...

What will happen this December?

This coming weekend, we'll have the ultimate gathering for old GSS friends. I'm hosting a steamboat cum pot luck cum gift exchange cum games night with my roomie (of course after we got the permission from owner). I really look forward to this weekend :D:D:D

After that, I'm broke. I'll just hibernate at home and write blog posts everyday??? Contemplating and recalling all the memories from this year, reminding myself again about all the invaluable things I've learned so far *lots of them this year. Hemm...yes yes...I think I'd do that for next 2 weeks:D. Hope I don't have writer's mind block again...*fingers crossed

Counting down to another unpredictable year, 2009...
14 days left...

-Sien-

No comments: