Some of you may have always associated me with this one sport because you always see me play this more than I play any other sports (like table tennis, badminton, etc). All my primary, high school and even university friends must have known this fave game I played. Yes yes...you guess it right...
I want to share with all of you on how I fell in love with PLAYING VOLLEYBALL. I have been playing since Primary 5 and I'm still fallin' in love with this game. I can't really explain the reasons why, but I just know that I LOVE it.
Let's have a chronological review. It all began from that moment in...
Primary 5 (still arnd 10-11 yrs old)
It was a blur moment. I happened to choose volleyball for my extracurricular activity. We were supposed to choose several activities outside the studying activity at school. I was trained from the basic by a sports teacher who is more pro in playing basketball. Nonetheless, he also knew how to play vball and taught us well. We play in a mini-volleyball court with only 8 players in the court (not like the adult version, with 12 players in a much bigger court, looking back, that court was really really small, see here for details). I trained happily and became quite good at each basic technique.
Primary 6
I started playing in class meetings, inter-school games and was selected as the captain of the team. I played even in the midst of the day, between 12 pm-1pm, and sometimes while still wearing my uniform (with shirt and skirts folks=P). Because of volleyball, I can never go back to my fair skin anymore. Hixhix...
Yeah, I had quite a fair skin before I started playing vball, but I have no regret about that, maybe my Mom still holds a grudge against me playing vball, hahaha...
Scenario
Mom:"my fair lil' daughter has gone darkerT_T"
Me:"But I'm healthier Mom, I exercise^_^"
Junior High School (3 years)
Yeah, I was in my sophomore year and I didn't think twice when I chose vball as my extra activities. I just love playing with the seniors, with the vball girls whom eventually became my bestfriends at that time (we're still bestfriends now, but I guess they don't play anymore?). I played in the school team for three years and was the captain in my 3rd year. We joined various competition for our level and always have to lose (we can't seem to beat them, sad T_T) against junior high school X. The best rank in a competition was *if i remember correctly* the 3rd place among all the junior highs in the city, and that was it. I was very upset that I once thought that I should just stop playing vball in my senior high school years.
But then again, I was totally in love with this game (I've been playing for five years). Why should I let go? so my journey continued to....
Senior High School (3 years)
Senior high school years were not only the busiest period but also the most unforgettable moments. I enrolled in the high school with very good reputation in academic but not very strong in sports. The vicious cycle of losing to a particular school (let's name it senior high school Y) continued because most of the female vball players from school X enrolled in school Y (duh...sad sad sad!). I was the school team's captain in my 2nd and 3rd year. It was harder to gather some very good female players in my school 'coz we're more focus on academic. What an unfortunate situation back then!
However, my love towards vball is still the same. Playing vball always brightens up my day, even if I had a sulky day or bad mood. Playing vball never fails to lift my spirit up, especially if I play with a team, with the right people. It was so much FUN!!
I never went to higher level or intended to become a professional athlete, 'coz I simply loved the game and worried that all the strict rules and tough training as a professional athlete will extinguish my love towards the game (can't really get my rationale eh? never mind:P)
I was more focus on studying at school, so I only played vball occasionally during my senior years.
University Year (almost 4 years now)
Then, I continued on studying for my bachelor in a foreign country. I knew very few people and I guessed it'll be even harder to gather people to play vball, especially the girls. I didn't put a high hope back then.
Fortunately, there were lots of activities, I started finding new friends and new vball mates. They were mostly guys and we played a mixed vball together every week. It was really thanks to PON5 (the Indonesian's Sports activities organized in 2004). That was another turning point.
Besides that, because there are Inter-Hall Games every December in NTU, I also joined the hall team (hall 10) as one of the female vball players. In my third year, I had a chance to move out of hall 10 but I purposely stayed back for half a year, just so that I can still play for hall 10. We were the silver medalists in my 2nd year. I tried out for IVP (Inter Varsity Player) to see how far I can go and had the trials twice during my 1st and 2nd year. Unluckily, I didn't make it. I wasn't too disappointed back then 'coz I am too used to playing vball for fun, and not for competition with all the confusing tactics and positioning (I'm not a real strategist, aren't I?). Anyway, I still love playing vball no matter what and I want to continue playing even after graduation.
Just 3 hours ago, I had a match for International Games at NTU. It was exhausting but I had a lot of FUN! Viva Volleyball! Yay yay yay...
How about you? Do you have a particular love towards one sport? or even multiple sports? How did you know them? How well do you play?
Cheers,
Sien2
Let us all have a hobby of playing some sports!! It's good for our health, trust me!!
PS: Yud, if you happen to read this (actually I've told you before), let me say it again "don't mind letting me join your vball group?^_^"
Some Photos^_^
532.. + another number can go and buy 4D liaoz (4D means four numbers rite?never buy be4:P)
Hooozz...(2006's last IH with the gals)

Cheers!! ^_^
serving the ball (luv this shot!^_^)
receiving first ball, huehuehue....(IG2006)
No comments:
Post a Comment