Monday, May 31, 2010

Sien's Report Book for May 2010

A few days ago, my friend, Mr. A, was asking me this -- "why didn't you update your blog again recently?" Yeah, my blogging frequency has been down to only once a month. I also wondered why. After a while, I simply replied him this --> "I just don't have a lot of things left to share, now that I mostly let things out, verbally sharing them with close friends. For a while...I just felt tired of talking by myself in this blog"

I guess this too shall pass.

But I'm not quitting the blogging world yet, after all there're still some people who care enough to click on my post and read it, like Mr. A :). Thanks dude!!

So let me summarize the things I've done this month:

1) First five days, I was outside most of the time. Accompanying visiting friends:D. Went to half-opened Marina Bay Sands, took pics at the Bayfront bridge (Helix-shaped bridge), watched Iron Man 2, watched Songs of the Sea for the 5th time and a lot more. Had a really fun time. Here are some of the pics:

2) Booked and paid for JAL flight to Tokyo for Autumn trip this October. I know it's still a long way to go, but can't help it. We're soooo going to Japan...kyaaa!! Just have to plan and refine the itinerary, apply for visa, buy rail pass, book domestic flight and accommodation in the next few months. Plan B: 3D Tokyo, 2D around Tokyo, 5D Hokkaido.

3) The 3rd weekend of the month, I had a one-day outing with friends, catching up, telling stories and discussing a lil' bit about future plans. We sat at the coffee shop from 1pm to 8pm before leaving for dinner. It was a wonderful small gathering.

4) Closed 1 room rental case and collected one referral fee *not too bad:D. I'll slow down to relax a little bit in June. Counting down for my coming holidays on the 17th. Excited...:D:D:D

5) My study loans with the banks are cleared. Thanks to my 2 generous benefactors who have lent me lump sums with lower interest rate. I'll return the loan ASAP. This arrangement doesn't really have an impact to my cashflow or overall plan to payoff my study loan, but at least I'll get to save around 700 SGD of payable interest per annum. I'd rather pay the interest to them than to banks (bank's rate is 4.75% per annum:S). Cool!

6) On Vesak day, I went for duty at company until 11.30am and rushed to my friend's housewarming. Afterwards, I decided to go to the temple at Bugis since I was on my way for a viewing at Kallang. I initially planned to go to the one at Clementi, but couldn't make it because of a sudden viewing appointment. So anyway, as expected it was horribly packed at Bugis, literally there's a human traffic jam at the crossing towards Bugis street, I rushed through the crowd and made my way to the temple. Prayed for the holy day, celebrating Buddha's birth, death and enlightenment to finally reach nirvana. Prayed for him to always take a good care of my family and friends, give us health, wealth and happiness in life. I'm a moderately religious person. Only go to the temple on special occasions but I've made a point to only eat vegetables on the 1st and 15th of the lunar calendar since last year. And I do believe in Karma. So it's important to always act with virtues and integrity in whatever it is that we're doing.

the Upajjhatthana Sutta (AN 5.57), the Buddha states:
"I am the owner of my karma. I inherit my karma. I am born of my karma. I am related to my karma. I live supported by my karma. Whatever karma I create, whether good or evil, that I shall inherit."

7) I was wandering around a bookstore @Orchard last weekend and at the self-help section, I found this book and decided to take a snap of its cover and 1 important page. There's no book budget for this month, so I just sat there for hours and quickly skim through the pages *cheapskate mode:P. An amusing and enlightening read indeed. I managed to skim through another book about entrepreneurship too ("Success Secrets Exposed"). It was a very practical book. If I ever decides to buy them, both books will cost me around 50 bucks. I think I should separately allocate my budget for books and education. Investment for knowledge is a must-have.


Yeah..that's about it folks. The highlights of this month. The rest of the days are pretty normal and my moodmeter was generally on the HAPPY side. Feeling grateful!!

I'll be at work only for the first half of June. The rests of the days are reserved for HOME and FOOD INDULGENCE. Counting down to the long-awaited holiday. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Bienvenue Juin!

-Sien-

2 comments:

tsubame said...

i also always read your blog sien! keep the posts coming ^^

-meryana

Sien said...

kyaaa...hontouni? arigatou^^
will keep on posting stuff then hehe..

-Sien-